Re: Re: [oc] ADC code source ???

On Fri, 24 Jan 2003 Niclas Hedhman wrote :
>On Wednesday 22 January 2003 18:21, Dharmeshbhai PATEL wrote:
> > Hi list,
> >
> > I'm searching a Analog to Digital converter (ADC) vhdl or
>verilog code
> > source. I'm also interrested by some documentation and also
> > test-bench.
> > If anyone has something about please help me and let me know
>if there is
> > a web-site for this..... Thanks a lot in advance.
>
>If I understand the subject correctly (and I am awfully new to
>this and try
>learning by answering questions) HDLs currently have no support
>for analog
>circuitry, and FPGAs certainly does not have it.

Yes there is support for anlog circulitry in HDLs both verilog and
VHDl where the analog componets are descirbed by there
differential equation . here we uses new construts like parameters
and quantaties.
and there are tools that syntheize this like Cadence which is very
pouplar Mentor Graphic also has one. They all target ASIC , i
don't think there is any support for anlog designs on FPGAs.
  I am quite new to the anlog stuff my self . i think the seniors
in this groups can enlighten us on this .

>That said however, you should be able to make ADC support on-chip
>with a
>couple of external analog circuits to implement the ADC. There
>are numerous
>ways to implement an ADC this way, switched capacitor, stepper
>and
>integrating comes to my mind right now.
>Your requirement would determine the best choice.
>But you will need at least an op-amp or a comparator off-chip,
>and some
>resistors. If you don't have a external Sample-Hold, you can also
>forget
>about an integrating ADC.
if ur talking abt the integrated adc chips then the have not been
very useful for me due to the synchornization b/w the fpga and
adc, tough they did give me the result i had to oprete the fpga at
below the optimun speed to match with that of adc.
if there is way to handle the adc while operating my fpga to the
optium i would like to know . i have used this to implent DDS
using CORDIC on spartan XL and my final aim is to use this DDS to
implement FSK demodulator/Modulator

tanveer