Re: [openppc] Matrox PowerPC chipset?

Hello test1,

On 14 Mar 2002 at 11:07, test1@yahoo.com wrote:
do you have a name?

> ATI, NVIDIA and SIS had created "Intergrated chipset" that combine Graphic +
> Northbridge (or Southbridge) for PC / Intel X86. See ATI announcement at CeBit
> 2002 in German.
>
> MATROX have an agreement to bundle their graphic card with AMIGA ONE PowerPC
> motherboard (AMIGA OS 4 + Linux PowerPC).
>
> Perhaps if the A1 is succesful, MATROX will create "Intergrated Chipset" for
> PowerPC. Perhaps they will create a partnership with Tundra / Marvel or other
> PowerPC chipset vendors. The Intergrated chipset will cut the cost of
> manufacturing the system.

If the AmigaONE makes it to production and sells more than 10,000 units I will be
surprised.

The AmigaONE uses the MAI Logic Articia S northbridge, the same as it's competitor,
the Pegasos. The AmigaONE uses the VIA82C686A southbridge.

Oh the MAI Logic chip provides AGP 2X and 66 MHz 32 bit PCI.

> Is this possible?  Is the new chipset profitable?
> Will the new chipset became the base for low cost PowerPC system?

Matrox have not launched a chip yet, how can it be successful ;)

Bye,

Sent by Ian Stedman
E-Mail  Ian.Stedman@zoom.co.uk
ICQ 47152248