Re: [video] Video Timing generator(RS170) interlaced in VHDL

Dear Sir,

In order to get the detailed interlace timing, use any of datasheets for
digital video encoders or my article:
http://www.opencores.com/projects/lite_videocoder/Digital_video_encod
er.PDF

Where, I give a detailed description of PAL/NTSC interlace timing. What
do you mean by a "half clock cycle??". Normally the interlace timing is
regulated by splitting the line by preequalisation, serration and
postequalisation sequence such, that every field with odd number would
start from the full line and every field with even number would start from
a half-line. The falling edge of vertical sync is always generated at the
time of zero subcarrier phase, which corresponds to the beginning of the
first serration pulse.Serration and equalisation pulses are only valid on
Composite Sync pulse. Horizontal and Vertical Synchronization must
have the regular timing. From the HSYNC and VSYNC generation
standpoint, if you don't need complicated 8/4 field timing, the VSYNC
must be generated exactly after Thsync/2 of the line number 312 in PAL
and the line 262 in NTSC and, of couse, exactly at the beginning of the
line number 0.

Kindest regards,

Maxim